Haslehurst Waste Management and Recycling and Powerday have been awarded a three-year contract with Olympia London.

The venue hosts more than 220 events each year and was one of the founders of the International Standard for sustainable event management (ISO 2012-1). Powerday has worked closely with Haslehurst for eight years, delivering recycling and waste management services to Olympia London since 2011. Haslehurst provides the collection and haulage services, transporting the waste to Powerday’s Old Oak Sidings material recycling facility in Willesden Junction, less than four miles from Olympia.

Since 2011, Olympia London has recycled 98 per cent of all waste produced with the remaining 2 per cent being processed into refuse-derived fuel. Food waste goes for anaerobic digestion. In 2017, Olympia London launched its “Grand Plan”, a strategy for “championing green practice, connecting communities, and empowering staff, service partners and event industry peers”.

Emma Haslehurst, director of Haslehurst, said: “With its central London location and busy event schedule, Olympia London has very specific collection requirements which our team have worked hard to meet. We are delighted that our commitment to high service standards has paid off with the renewal of this contract and we look forward to continuing to work with Powerday and Olympia London for a long time to come.”

Simon Little, sales and marketing director of Powerday, commented: “We are very pleased to renew this contract with Haslehurst and Olympia London. Our close proximity to the venue, 24/7 opening, and state-of-the-art processing capability mean we are ideally placed to help Olympia London achieve its high sustainability standards.”

Siân Richards, sustainability manager at Olympia London, added: “We are delighted to have renewed our contract with Haslehurst and Powerday, a partnership which strongly supports our Grand Plan objectives and reinforces our longstanding commitment to reducing our carbon footprint, increasing recycling and sending 0 per cent to landfill.”