The Events Industry Forum is inviting applications for grants for projects that will benefit the events industry.
The forum, which brings together 26 trade bodies and similar organisations from across the event industry, has funding available to support projects that will be of general benefit to the outdoor sector.
Since taking over publication of The Purple Guide from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) two years ago, the forum has already provided more than £70,000 in grants and support for projects to help the sector. It has also made a commitment to provide £5,000 per annum to support event students attend industry conventions.
The forum is committed to using funds raised from sales of the guide to support projects that will have a wide benefit to the events industry.
Grant applications must be able to demonstrate a purpose that will benefit and support the interests of the outdoor events industry, be it the whole or any part of it.
- At least 20 per cent of grant funds will be withheld until EIF receives a full report of the completed project.
- Grant recipients must issue press releases both before and after the project, recognising EIF’s funding support. Press releases must be approved by EIF before being issued.
- Any publication, report or marketing material produced referring to the project must acknowledge EIF’s funding support.
Applications for grants should be in writing and should include:
- The title of the project and a short description of it
- Details of the amount of funding being sought and specifically how it will be used
- Details of the overall project budget
- An explanation of how this project will benefit the events industry
- Timescales for delivery
- Applications must be supported by a copy of the constitution of the organisation applying plus their charity or company registration (if applicable)
- Individual applicants must provide appropriate references from the industry if the above do not apply.
- Contact details for further information
Applications should be kept to a single side of A4 and should be sent to Jim Winship at email@example.com
The deadline for applications is November 1.